Stay up to date with specialized private investigation insights.
Dream Firms Talks 10/2023
Topic: Critical Benefits of a Fractional CTO
- 14 Character Minimum for all passwords.
- Anything 8 characters or less is vulnerable to immediate brute force attacks.
- Complexity – Must include:
- Upper Case Characters (ASDF…)
- Lower Case Characters (asdf…)
- Numbers (1234…)
- Symbols (!#$%…)
- Last Changed – Change at least Twice a Year best practice
- A password phrase of at least 20 characters may be easier to remember
- Businesses should use Premium Business versions of Anti-Malware software.
- Premium Version on every work system
- BitDefender or Malwarebytes are both good options
- Make sure it is updated regularly.
- Don’t use Gmail as your business email. Businesses should have their own domain.
- Employee training at least twice yearly is a very important part of your Cyber Security plan.
- Monitor your internal networks and systems for alerts and changes.
- Avoid Public (Free) WIFI – Use a VPN if you must connect to public WIFI
- Activate 2FA/MFA where ever it is supported
What is a CTO
- A CTO or Chief Technology Officer is a senior executive within a company responsible for:
- Develops technical aspects of company’s strategy and vision
- Ensures technology plan aligns with business goals
- Advises on initiatives and procedures
- Develops Computer Use and Cyber Security policies
- Contributes the technology portion of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
- Technology assessment and planning for scalability, reliability, and maintainability
- Management of strategic partnerships with technology vendors
- Management of risk, security, and compliance
What is a Fractional CTO
- A Fractional CTO manages technology for multiple businesses for defined number of hours per week
- Duties will concentrate on the particular aspects and technological needs of your business
- May share some duties and responsibilities with Managed Service Providers or In-House resources
- Benefits of a Fractional CTO
- Much more cost effective than a providing a full time CTO salary and benefits package
- Provides small businesses with knowledge and guidance typically only available to larger companies
- Broad experience across multiple industries and technologies
- Flexibility to be focused on specifically on what your business needs
- Policy Creation?
- Technology Upgrade?
- Security assessment and risk mitigation?
- Software or technology vendor assessment?
- Cyber Insurance Policy evaluation and application assistance?
- Increase efficiency through the effective use of technology?
Is a Fraction CTO right for your business
- Startups and small to medium sized businesses will benefit greatly from Fractional CTO services
- Non-Tech companies that want to use their technology to the fullest or gain efficiencies through new technology
- Businesses without an internal IT team
- Businesses looking to pivot their focus
- Taking Credit Cards or using a payment processor like Stripe?
- Storing PII?
- Companies about to undertake a major project:
- Implementing new systems?
- Architecture upgrade?
- Going paperless?
- Looking into a new CRM or Practice Management software?
- Transitioning to a cloud environment?
- Businesses that need to create new or update old Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans and need help creating policies and procedures
What we provide as a Fractional CTO
- Our team provides guidance and insight backed by 95+ years of extensive IT experience
- Development of technology strategy and vision
- Technology assessment and planning for scalability, reliability and maintainability
- Research and advise on new software applications and technology
- Risk assessment and mitigation
- Review and create IT, Cyber, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Cyber Insurance policy evaluation and application support
- IT Security audit and upgrade guidance
- Annual penetration tests and vulnerability analysis
- Website and email compromise monitoring
- Cyber security training for employees
- As licensed private investigators we also secure your business through
- Background investigation of new employees or potential investors/partners